Wednesday, February 25, 2015

What's up Wednesday--my chicken noodle soup

 I seldom have recipes that are uniquely "mine."  I usually always get them from somewhere else, but this one I am proud to claim is mine!  This is my chicken noodle soup recipe, and it is so good!  My kids really enjoyed it, even my picky boy will eat 2 full bowls of it.  There are usually no leftovers when I make this.  It is perfect for cold evenings and great with yummy rolls and a salad.  This is a pretty thick chicken noodle soup.  Thick and flavorful.  We adjusted the flavors to our tastes,so feel free to adjust to yours!  Enjoy! 
My Chicken Noodle Soup

2 cups cooked chicken, I cook mine ahead of time using this yummy way from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

1 Tab. chicken granules or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
3 cans chicken broth
1 cup chopped carrots, or 1/4 cup dehydrated carrots
1/4 cup chopped onion or 1 Tab dehydrated chopped onions
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4 Tbls butter
1/4 cup flour
8 oz egg noodles
1 tsp Lawry's garlic salt with parsley
salt and pepper to taste

 Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a large pot and add chicken granules or bouillon cubes.  Add in chicken broth and onions and carrots.  Cook until tender--about 20-30 minutes. Cook your egg noodles separately while this cooks. In a separate bowl which the cream of chicken soup with the mile until smooth.  Whisk in the cream of chicken mix into the broth and veggies.  In a small pot melt the butter and stir in the flour until smooth, then add to soup mixture.  Add in cooked chicken and cooked noodles and Lawry's garlic salt with parsley. Warm and serve.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment