Thursday, April 30, 2015

2015 Blue Jeans Week 17

Behind is the word here lately.  Behind and late, but better late than never so here is my week in review from last week. . .So we are counting down the days until school gets out here.  We only have 2 weeks left.  Crazy!  They cut the year short because of budget cuts.  Sad, I know.  I don't want to get on that soapbox--it just makes me mad. . .anyway. . .  track, end of the year concerts and competitions are filling our days.  Thankfully Ben and I got to get away for a few days.  He had work meetings in Omaha, and I tagged along.  Huge thanks to my sister who watched the kids and held down the fort for the 3 days we were gone.  Here is a look at our week. . .
Sunday afternoon activity--blanket fort building--love that they still like to do that.

Got away for the day with my girlfriends to get some plants.  Love these ladies.  Great friends!  They keep me sane!

Track meet for Miss E.  She rocked the hurdles.  Got 3rd.  I can't believe she does those.  They make nervous, but she loves them.

Mr J got his Bear award at his cub scout pack meeting this week.  So I got my Mom's bear pin that he put on me.  Love it!

Miss A got to attend the Rotary Youth Camp last month and today they presented at Rotary about their experience.  Awesome group of kids!  Right after this she had to give a campaign speech to the whole student body because she was running for Student Body Secretary next year.  She won!  WooHoo!  Busy day for her!

Amazing author's weekend here!  Mr J meeting Louise Borden.  We love her books!

And Miss E meeting Mike Graf who does awesome National Park fiction books.  Check them out.

Saturday we headed to Omaha.  We had dinner with Ben's boss there.  We sent to a Spanish Tapas restaurant.  Yum!  Something unique and totally not available in our small town or anywhere near it.  Ben is blessed to work for a great company and have an amazing boss.  Loved spending time with him and his wife!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy times! So sad about cutting school short for budget reasons. It's the kids that suffer in the long run. Ugh! Super fun blanket fort and yay for hurdles. They can be challenging but fun. I did them in high school. Look like a great achievement week and a great dinner out. We have a lot of tapa places around here. They are fun and yummy! Enjoy the last few weeks of school. We still have 5 wks left but swim just ended for HS so that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about my lack of comments on your blog. I have been more bogged down with things (work, YW Pres stuff, preparing for camp, etc) than I thought I would be. I had to cut some stuff out, and reading blogs was unfortunately one of them. Things have lightened up a little, so I've been able to catch up on blogs. Thanks for always leaving such sweet & thoughtful comments on my blog!

    That's super exciting that you got to get away to Omaha with Ben. Sometimes it's NEEDED! :)

    ReplyDelete