Wednesday, May 13, 2015

What's up Wednesday--baked egg and cheese roll

My What's up Wednesday recipes have been non-existent the last few weeks.  Sorry.  Crazy end of the school year schedule.  I got this recipe several years ago, but haven't made it in a while.  This past week I was clueless as to what to make for dinner--ever have those days??  We have tons of eggs right now with our chickens laying so well, so I wanted to do something with eggs for dinner, and I didn't have a lot of time.  Thankfully I remembered and found this recipe.  Very easy, very fast, and very good.  We put ham in it, but you can easily leave it out.  I make 2 of these to feed my family of 6 and we have a few slices left over for breakfast the next day.
Baked Egg and Cheese Roll

6 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup diced ham (optional)

Place eggs, milk, four, salt and pepper in blender and process until smooth.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle ham over the top.  Bake 450 for about 18-20 minutes.  Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top.   It is okay if it puffs up--after putting the cheese on and sitting a minute it should flatten out.  If not just poke holes in the "bubbles". Roll up in pan staring with 13 inch side.  Place seam side down on plate. Cut and serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment