Friday, June 26, 2015

2015 Blue Jeans Week 25

I know, you thought I disappeared, but we have been crazy busy this past week doing this. . . 
painting our house.  Ben took off a few days of work so we could get it done, and oh my what a project.  I have avoided the computer after long, hot days of painting and cutting trim, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  We are mainly done--just a few touch ups and need to paint the front door so I can't show you a before and after yet, but we are getting there thanks to my amazing husband who has worked so very hard and is so brave to get on those ladders because I sure can't :)  All my painting help was limited by how high I could raise my arm.  That was the extent of my reach.  I am a wimp when it comes to heights.  
Anyway. . . 

On to last week which was before we started painting, here is a look at our week. . .

We made some homemade ice cream.  Yum!  Not something we do very often, but so good!  We decided we need to make it more often!

Caught a picture of a beautiful sunset from our back yard.  So pretty!

Got some new neighbors behind us now.  They show up every few months as the farmer moves them to different pastures.  I love it when they hay the field behind us, and we have the bales.  

These awesome girls headed to church girls' camp this week.  Fun adventures there!

And this guy made a cool duck tape wallet.  He is always making cool stuff!

And my mom, who is an elementary school librarian, needed some help in her school library, so we spent some time this week helping her.  Miss A and Mr J are scrapping off sticky tabs off the shelves :)  Looks like fun, huh?

And Mr J has spent the last 2 weeks attending a children's summer theater workshop which he has loved!  To end it, they had a play.  Mr J was a narrator in his play and did a great job!  Lots of fun to see him perform!

Thanks for visiting!  Come back soon

1 comment:

  1. I bet your house now looks amazing. Painting is super hard work especially with a 2 story. Yay for homemade ice-cream. We just finished the 3 batches we made a couple weeks ago and need more. It tastes so wholesome, fresh, pure and yummy! Looks like you guys are having a great summer. Love Mr. J's expression in that last shot.

    ReplyDelete